Ձայն բազմաց՝ ձայն Աստծո
DIASPORA: Any Armenian who resides outside of the republic of Armenia and Artsakh.
BOT: Board of Trustees
DAP: Diaspora Armenian Parliament
EB: Executive Board
Diaspora Armenian Parliament (DAP) Structure
- Initially 150 parliament positions will be voted by diaspora HyeID members. The first elections will be held when HyeID membership reaches 50,000 and has members in at least 10 countries worldwide. BOT will initiate and organize the first election for DAP and EB. DAP shall organize subsequent elections for DAP, BOT and EB.
- Each electoral geographical district will have an equal number of HyeID diaspora members. Two (2) representatives will be elected from each district. The number of members in each electoral geographical district will be the total diaspora HyeID membership divided by 150 (initial DAP Members) comprised of two (2) representatives per district. For example, with 150,000 diaspora HyeID members we have 150,000/150/2 = 2000 members in each electoral geographical district.
- Observers can participate in DAP meetings, voice their opinions, without the right to vote.
- Governments of Armenia and Artsakh can assign one observer each to DAP.
- DAP can invite observers to any of their sessions and meetings.
- DAP has a total control over the HyeID organization budget, all income and expenditures shall be approved by the DAP which appropriates the budget.
- DAP is the legislative body of HyeID diaspora members.
- Parliament Representatives can serve for a term of four (4) years, if reelected, the candidate can serve for a consecutive second four (4) year term. After that the candidate can only be reelected after at least one term out of office.
- Each elected parliamentarian has to reside within his or her electoral geographical district for a minimum of 70% of the term.
- The frequency and the method of conducting the Parliament sessions will be determined after all Parliament posts are filled.
- Parliament shall elect its own governing bodies including Chairman and Vice Chairman and will organize special parliamentary committees.
- Parliamentary committees operating under the parliament jurisdiction shall include:
b. Science and technology
e. Security and Intelligence
g. Foreign Relations
i. Relations with Armenia and Artsakh
l. Hay Tad
n. Social Issues
p. Internal relations
And any other committees deemed necessary by DAP
List of subjects and issues to be considered by DAP committees.
- To assist the Armenian Government to develop a comprehensive state policy of repatriation.
- To assist the Armenian Government to make Armenia a self-reliant, modern and a strong country.
- Encourage diaspora Armenians to visit Armenia.
- Promote programs for the youth to visit Armenia and participate in programs.
- Preserve the Armenian identity in diaspora.
- Support continuing efforts of Hye Tad.
- Provide assistance for Armenia and Artsakh.
- Establish relations with Islamized Armenians to provide them with the opportunity to learn about their ancestors and Armenian culture.
- Any Parliamentarian can be recalled by the majority of the voters from that geographic electoral district.